Download Course PDF
This full day lecture course will cover four areas:
Tooth Be or Not Tooth Be: Falling into the diagnostic trap of misdiagnosis of toothache
- Provide an overview and refresher of Orofacial pain classification and mechanisms.
- Illustrate the variety of diagnoses that can be mistaken for toothache.
- Avoid these diagnostic traps.
Local Anaesthesia: Tips on success and potential pitfalls
- What local anaesthetics to use and where.
- The Articaine nerve injury question?????
- Update on LA techniques.
Painless Management of the Oral Surgical Patient: Are we there yet?
- Learn some tips for minimising morbidity in relation to LA techniques whilst maximising intra-operative pain relief.
- Strategies to optimise post-operative pain relief.
- Surgical tips that will reduce intra-operative and post-operative pain.
- Pain research driving developments in this field.
Risk Assessment of Patients with Mandibular Third Molars
- Assessment of the patient.
- Assessment of M3M surgical difficulty.
- Radiographic factors.
- CBCT assessment.
- Surgical modification to minimise nerve injuries.
- Follow up advice to identify nerve injuries and assist resolution of
- nerve injuries.